Graduate Dormitory Application For the Spring Semester 2020
1. Applicant Qualifications: Non-boarding graduate and PhD students who and their parents have lived for at least 2 years outside of Taipei City, New Taipei City and Keelung City.
- Application Method: please use the student ID number to log in the following system: https://housing.ntu.edu.tw/graduate between 9am on Dec 30th 2019 to 5pm on Jan 7th 2020. (Late applications will not be accepted.) All rooms are randomly drawn by computer.
- Student who wish to apply BOT dorms, please head directly to the website of Prince House http://ntudorm.prince.com.tw/ and register as a member to apply 2019-2020 BOT Mid-Semester Waiting List.
- If you have the following conditions, you can have the priority to apply the dormitory. Please check the priority options when you apply through the Internet. Please upload the relevant paperwork when you apply. If you don't meet the qualifications, you can't have the priority.
- Disabled students, disability card is needed.
- Low and middle-income households, the household income certification is needed.
- Offshore islands and aboriginal students, household registration transcript is needed. (including both parents.)
- Foreign students and overseas Chinese students in the first semester of studies, passport or overseas Chinese student certification copy is needed.
- Result: To see the dormitory draw results, please log in to the system or visit the Student Housing Service Division website at http://dorm.osa.ntu.edu.tw/main.php on 2pm Jan 9th 2020.
The priority of the draw is as follows:
- Disabled students.
- Low and middle-income household students.
- Offshore islands and aboriginal students.
- Exchange students.
- Foreign students and overseas Chinese students in the first semester of studies.
- Students who until the deadline of the application have had their household registry registered outside of Taoyuan City, Taipei City, New Taipei City, or Keelung City for longer than 2 years (including both parents).
- Students who until the deadline of the application have had their household registry registered in Taoyuan City for longer than 2 years (including both parents).
- Students who has been confirmed to have special needs with physical evidences.
- Students can apply for Downtown Dorm or On-campus Dorm according to preference. Downtown Dorms include Men 2nd Dorm, Men 4th Dorm, Women 4th Dorm and Women 6th Dorm. On-campus Dorms include Men 6th Dorm, Men 8th Dorm, Men 1st Graduate Dorm, Men 3rd Graduate Dorm, Women 1st Graduate Dorm and Women 3rd Graduate Dorm.
- Move-in time: From Feb 10th 2020 between 9 am to 5 pm. Please come to the office of the resident director of the allotted dormitory for checking-in.
- Successfully drawn students who want to change the Dorm, would have to finish the check-in procedure first, and then have to find another student who is willing to exchange the dorm. Both students would have to follow the procedure to apply for the Dormitory Exchange after the processing time is announced (three weeks after the semester begins).
- Students who aren't drawn to any dorm will get a waiting list number randomly. If there is an empty bed available then student will receive the check-in e-mail notice sequentially. Students can log in the system website (https://housing.ntu.edu.tw/graduate) to get information of the waiting conditions. From experience, before the semester starts, male students can fill in about 100 students and female students about 50 in previous years. However, the waiting conditions are different in every year.
- Waiting list number will be continued to Jun 15th 2020. After the date, the number is invalid.
Please contact us if you have further inquiries.
Tzu-Ying Huang (Ms.)
NTU Student Housing Service Division